At camp, foster children receive lots of individual attention in a wholesome environment, participating in a variety of fun and educational activities such as:
Everybody's Birthday Party
We Support Social Services
The national organization of Royal Family Kids’ is not affiliated with any particular denomination with camps sponsored by 26 different denominations.
Most Social Service departments refer children to faith based camps such as those sponsored by the Salvation Army and Catholic Social Services when two criteria are met:
No child is coerced to accept any particular religion
Attendance is voluntary.
Royal Family Kids’ meets these two criteria.
Although each Camp Counselor and Staff member is a committed Christian, the camps do not proselytize, and no religion is ever criticized or denigrated.
Our camp extends love and care, with adults modeling a non-violent, positive way of life as an alternative to many of the negative, abusive situations foster children have faced.
Summerville Royal Family KIDS Camp has hosted children from 16 different counties throughout South Carolina. Children come from as far away as Greenville, Rock Hill, Myrtle Beach and Beaufort.
Our Camp is Safe
• Camp staff and Counselors go through extensive training, including a study of the dynamics of child abuse and neglect, using recognized professionals in the field as faculty.
• There is a thorough screening process for counselors and staff.
• Two children and only two are assigned to each counselor. With supporting staff the actual staff-to-camper ratio is often one-to-one.
• There are strict policies for behavior of campers, counselors and staff which assure that there is never an opportunity for an unsafe or questionable situation.
• The camp site has been selected to provide a safe, fun place for the camp experience.